Childcare Services

 What's New

The Semi-Annual Child Care Provider Meetings have been cancelled

The Department of Human Assistance has cancelled all future Child Care Provider Meetings previously held at 1825 Bell Street. All future child care inquires should be directed to or to the Child Care Ombudsperson at (916) 874-6000.

Child Care Benefits for CalWORKs Families

If you are receiving cash aid and participating in a Welfare to Work activity with the Department of Human Assistance (DHA), ask your worker to send a referral for child care to the Child Care Processing Unit. You will be enrolled on DHA’s Stage 1 program.

If you were on cash aid within the last 24 months and are no longer aided, you could be eligible for CAI's Stage 2 program. If you think you are eligible, please call (916-361-0511) to apply.

If you have never been on cash aid or it's been longer than 24 months, you can call the CEL (916-361-2376) or go online at Child Action, Inc. to apply for services. 

Quick Links

Contact Info